Quantum Forum V

Quantum Forum for DXi V5000

HI All,

I just download and deploy the V1000. I am using a trial license and the disk capacity is just about 278GB.

I want to confirm is that the size correct? May i know is it possible to increase the size if I am using trial and what is the Max size (15TB?)

Thanks a lot!

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like you have not successfully activated your license, which should give you a 1024GB (i.e. 1TB) capacity.

Maximum capacity is 2TB available via purchase of a service contract and a 1TB capacity expansion. Remember that this is the USABLE DEDUPLICATED BLOCKPOOL size, so that can translate up to 40TB of actual customer data assuming a 20:1 reduction ratio!

Note that there is the Standard Edition, which is 1TB and the Trial Edition which is indeed 256GB. The Standard Edition is what you get when you fill in an online form (www.quantum.com/freedxi) and the Trial Edition is what you get if you interacted with a Quantum sales representative who process the request for you.

So, what to do from here?

If your DXi V1000 does NOT have Internet access, then let me know what the serial number is and I can provide you with a license key that you manually enter into the GUI to activate your full 1TB license. Please send me the Email address you used to register with and your DXi V1000 serial number. Contact me at : Mark.Thacker@Quantum.com

Thanks!

Mark,

Thanks a lot for your reply and I have email you the email from Quantum to me.

Thanks again!

Mark,

One more Question. Unfortunately, i have about 2.5 TB -3 TB data need to be tested. is there a way for the Trial version to fill this? 

If that's 3TB of RAW data, then the 1TB DXi V1000 will probably work just fine. Really depends on the deduplication and compression ratio achieved. Again, we typically qoute anywhere from 10:1 to 20:1 deduplication. For highly redundant data such as Virtual Machine backups, it's not uncommon to get 50:1 to 80:1 deduplication ratios.

I'll follow-up separately regarding your license key.

Thanks. And may i know what will be the max capacity expansion.size if after I bought the license?

Sure. Per our public data sheet, the DXi V1000 is a maximum of a 2TB blockpool of deduplicated data. 

We are working on enhancements in the future for larger virtual DXi systems.

Remember that our patented variable-length deduplication plus compression results in very high reduction ratios, so that 2TB blockpool has an effective size of 40TB or more depending on the total reduction ratio you receive.

RSS

Tips + Tricks

© 2024   Created by Quantum Forum V.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service