Quantum Forum V

Quantum Forum for DXi V5000

Hi,

The appliance is running and the shared drives configured also, but I can't access the web console to manage the appliance.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Juan Antonio

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If using Internet Explorer try changing the compatibility mode for older websites.

You can also try using Firefox or Chrome.

Thanks Jerry, but the problem is not in the client side, the problem is in the DXi-V1000, the web server doesn't be runing and I don't know how check the configuration to detect the problem.

Hello Juan,

Review the quick start guide for the DXi V1000, it can be viewed here, Quick Start Guide. Page 4 covers the Pre-Installation Checklist, are you meeting all the system requirements?

Page 19 shows the DXi V1000 booting to a normal status and displays the IP address assigned to the DXi V1000. Do you see this when you power on the DXi V1000? If not, what is displayed?

Hello Jerry,

The console has bee working fine during long time until two weeks ago, the IP address have not changed and i can access to the shared drives configured into the DXi V1000, the only service that is not working in the appliance is the web console.

Depending on how the network settings are configured on the DXi it is possible that management traffic had it's own IP address and data traffic had a separate IP address.It is possible that you are trying to reach the DXi via the data traffic IP. This would explain why data traffic is still working but management traffic is not. Do you know if you had two IP addresses configured on the DXi?

If you only have one IP address configured, I would suggest to power cycle the DXi, this would restart the Web GUI services. Do however make sure that no backups are being sent to the DXi before you power cycle it because with out access to the GUI you will have to hard power it off via VMware and this will be detected as a unclean power loss. Most likely the DXi will boot into limited mode until a blockpool verify job completes. It should complete without issues as long as the power loss does not happen while backups are running.

If you power cycle the DXi then verify what IP address is displayed after the console displays the "normal" status as seen on page 19 of the Quick Start Guide. Try to access the GUI using that IP address.

Note-seeing you cannot access the DXi via the GUI I doubt you will be able to connect via a SSH session but if you are able, you can log in with user name: cliadmin and password: cliadmin. Then issue this command: syscli --nodemanage --reboot. This will reboot the DXi and avoid an unclean power loss situation.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your help, I had the interface configured only for data traffic, after change the configuration to allow management traffic i'm able to access the web console.

Thanks again,

Juan Antonio

RSS

Tips + Tricks

© 2024   Created by Quantum Forum V.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service