Quantum Forum V

Quantum Forum for DXi V5000

Hello everyone, I'm new here and wanted to give me a hand, I downloaded the "virtual appliance" of dxi v1000 on VMware ESXi hypervisor v5.1 no problem displaying it, the point is that when you start the virtual machine boot during startup of services, there is a task that says "verify memory size for blockpool" which takes long time to finish, so it is no response for more than 15 minutes. intervene so that pressing any key to see if anything happened continuously and effectively with the rest services, however the task mentioned shows the following output: cp can not stat 'opt / dxi / blockpool_settings.txt': no such file or directory ", which I think is responsible for that as you can not start the service should therefore generally affect the process of installing and configuring the dxi v1000 to go to the website to end already mentioned that this is show warnings appear: "LIMITED MODE" and "diagnostic system state is" making me an obstacle to complete the installation.
If someone had a similar scenario and know how you have solved it please I would appreciate a response

thank you very much

Views: 315

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi - I have the exact same symptom. Cannot configure the device via wizard as it is in 'limited' mode.

What is the IP address of the V1000?  Did you set this as DCHP for the first run or go right to a Static IP?

-Jon

Jon, it picked up DHCP - no issues there. My virtualization hardware is AMD (HP N40L) - which is not supported by the v1000.....only INTEL hardware is supported....will spin up a Intel based whitebox with vSphere5.x and see how we go :)

hi, for this test environment was provided by the ip dhcp server which is an ADSL router where the network is 192.168.1.x
thank beforehand for helping

is your virtualization hardware non intel - my symptoms were exactly the same as yours cea_2099

Hi Greg, yes is AMD

the v1000 won't work when the supporting hardware in AMD. must be intel mate.

GregW,

Did you also get 'cp can not stat opt / dxi / blockpool_settings.txt'?

Cea_2099,

GregW is correct, the system requirement are such from Quantum Document 6-67611-01 DXi_V1000_QuickStart Guide...

•Server system with at least an i7 quad-core Intel processor (AMD processors not supported), two virtual CPU cores required

Please transition to a Intel processor and let us know if your still having trouble.

Jon

Jon - dunno - will spin it up and report back.

Jon

Dude on first boot I get

'cp can not start opt / dxi / blockpool_settings.txt file or directory does not exist.

Cheers

This is a problem with the blockpool not starting.  Did you both make it past the first GUI 'Getting Started Wizard'.  Once you make it past the License Agreement the DXi will reboot and build this file system.  This takes some time.  Did we get past that?

If your not making it that far some issues seen when using 6GB memory instead of 4GB.  That might explain the "verify memory size for blockpool" hang reported by cea_2099.

-Jon

jon - no - you can't get to the GUI to actually do that configuration piece....

the VM is config'd with 4GB of memory - i can change that no issues...

RSS

Tips + Tricks

© 2024   Created by Quantum Forum V.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service