Quantum Forum V

Quantum Forum for DXi V5000

Hello,

I have a question regarding the access permissions to the shared folder in the workgroup (no AD) infrastructure.

DXi-V1000 VA installed in the workgroup configuration. It has just one shared folder that we are using as CIFS target for Veeam 7 backup server target/repository.

I have configured just one account “quantum1” on the DXi-V1000 management web page to have write and read access to the shared folder. I have one more user account “user1” with read only access to the same shared folder. It is no account with name “administrator” was created on the DXi-V1000 VA.

The Veeam server is Windows 2012 R2 VM and it is a part of the same workgroup. It is configured to use the account “quantum1” to access the CIFS repository (shared folder on DXi-V1000). The “administrator” account is builtin local administrator account on Windows 2012 R2 Veeam server.

Problem:

When I login to Veeam server with “administrator” account I am able to access & read/write/delete any file or folder on the share on the Quantum DXi-V1000 from the UNC path. My concern is that the data from Quantum DXi-V1000 can by modified or deleted by user mistake during the regular daily activities.

Please let me know if someone else had the similar issue or knows the solution.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Joseph

Views: 49

Reply to This

Tips + Tricks

© 2024   Created by Quantum Forum V.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service