Quantum Forum V

Quantum Forum for DXi V5000

Hi to all,

i've set up a virtual LAB with a backup exec 2014 server and a couple of DXI V1000 appliances to test the OST optimized duplication funcionality. all vm are on the same subnet without routing between them.

i've installed the accent plugin on backup exec server and both DXI's are seen correctly as OST devices.

Accent dedupe offload works correctly as i see very small traffic flow between media server and first DXI for full data backup after first one.

i've setup optimized concurrent duplication between OST devices and i see traffic flow between the appliances during backup activity.

when i setup an duplication job from backup exec console that duplicate medita between the appliances i correctly see almost no traffic between them because data has been already transferred.

my question is related on speed of duplication job. the job complete succesfully but i see only 900 MB/min even with no data transferred

i've tried three concurrent optimized duplication jobs and all completed at 900 MB/min rate.

there in no particular CPU load on media server and appliances

is this the transfer rate expecter for optimized duplication jobs?

is therre any way to improve that speed?

kind regards

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Alberto,

I am not aware of any benchmarks for how fast optimized OST replication should run, but I do know that if you also enable replication between the source and target DXI, then optimized OST replication can also use the Replication Channel for optimized OST replication in addition to the two optimized duplication streams. Giving optimized OST replication more streams will increase the throughput.

See page 16 of the uploaded guide for the details.

Attachments:

RSS

Tips + Tricks

© 2024   Created by Quantum Forum V.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service