Quantum Forum V

Quantum Forum for DXi V5000

Hi Everyone,

The newest version of our award winning DXi V1000 is now available for immediate download, version 2.3. Upgrade instructions are listed below. 

This newest version has some exciting new features and enhancements including: 

• Replication from one source to two target DXi appliances (virtual, physical, or to the cloud)
  • Track data reduction by share
  • NAT IP addressing 

For a full set of features please download the release notes at: http://www.quantum.com/serviceandsupport/softwareanddocumentationdo...

UPGRADE 2.3 INSTRUCTIONS

Internet connectivity is required for your DXi V1000 to obtain your software license.

1. Using your browser, download the firmware image update file from http://forms.quantum.com/Software/V1000upgrade/2.3/  (Note: the file will end with ".FW.ZIP")
  2. Unzip so that the .FW file is saved on your machine
  3. Using your browser, connect to your DXi V1000 system and navigate to Utilities -> Software Upgrade
  4. Click the Choose File button and pick the firmware image (.FW) file that you downloaded
  5. Click the Upload button followed by the Start button to begin the firmware image update
  6. When completed, you will be asked to activate the image by clicking OK
  7. You may need to clear any Administrative Alerts by following the instructions on the screen. (You may need to navigate to the Admin Alerts page. Return to the Utilities -> Software Upgrade screen when done)
  8. Click the Activate button to confirm and follow the prompts.
  9. Once activated, the DXi V1000 will automatically reboot, obtain any necessary software license keys and be operational again. (Note: It may take several minutes before the system reboots) 

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Casey,

Unfortunately, we can't connect our dxi to the internet. I tried downloading the new version but if I try to check any documentation with my previously issued serial number I'd get an error that the serial number does not exist.

RSS

Tips + Tricks

© 2024   Created by Quantum Forum V.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service