Quantum Forum V

Quantum Forum for DXi V5000

Hi,

Is there a way to change the DXi V1000 Disk size ?

I would like to reduce it, because I don't have 2 TB to store this wonderfull appliance.

Thanks,

Cedric.

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

Another approach will be to allow quotas on share....

Cedric.

Cedric,

After importing the V1000 OVF, but before booting it, you can edit the VM settings. By default the V1000 will include nine 256GB disk images: one for the operating system and eight for the snfs file system. The drives are all thin provisioned, so there's no need to change them. As you've observed, by default the V1000 will show 2TB of usable space. (8x256GB)

In Vsphere client, edit the V1000 settings and delete some of the 256GB disk images. Start with the last image and work forward. As an example, for a 1TB V1000, delete 4 images. 

Hope this helps!

Hi Corey,

Thanks for your help, I will try your procedure soon.

Cedric.

Hi,

I can't understand the disk occupation of V1000:

But in vSphere client:

Is There 74 GB of system disk ?!?

Cedric.

I've never run a du on it, but that sounds about right.

You don't need 2TB.

The 1TB license will only really use 1.3TB if it were fully populated.

My suggestion is to use THIN provisioning when you deploy the V1000. I routinely run the 1TB capacity license on my laptop with far less than 1TB available. 

HOWEVER, do understand that the 1TB capacity means the V1000 will allow up to 1TB of deduplicated capacity to be fully used. That is, I'm running a risk here that if I were to ingest something like 15TB of data, and it were to reduce down to 1TB, and I did NOT have 1.3TB (data plus overhead) available disk space, I would run the V1000 out of disk space.

hi cedric,

the new version is limited to 1 TB anyway, and if you do a thin deploiment it will just use what it needs, so you can install it on a Disk much smaller then 2 TB

RSS

Tips + Tricks

© 2024   Created by Quantum Forum V.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service