Quantum Forum V

Quantum Forum for DXi V5000

What ports (902) do I need for setting up vmPRO appliance to backup vmPRO in PCI environment?

Hi There,

I have a PCI VMware environment with about 4 Esxi hosts (5.5 update 2) and about 10 VMs. The ESXi hosts subnet, the VM management subnet and the application subnet are separate by a firewall. I created one vmPRO appliance and one CIFS file server for backing up vmdk images of application servers and VM management servers.  The vmPRO appliance and the file server are on the same subnet and I even put them on the same ESXi host to just test vmPRO back up of a application server in the same subnet. I have not even test backup up application server in another subnet separated by firewall.

So I tested vmPRO backup of a application server with the vmPRO appliance and the CIFS file server all on the same subnet and same ESXi Host. Backup file and the error I am getting is

"Error in copying file '/export/folder1/picdetest02/picdetest02-pancbt.vmdk':vcenter.tst.ca:[DA_XXX_YYY_DP02]picdetest02/picdetest02-000003.vmdk:Permission denied: you do not have access rights to this file (13):00:11:48:[NFC ERROR] NfcNewAuthdConnectionx:Failed to connect to peer.Error, fail to connect to server:ESXihost01:902: PERMISSION DENIED: return code:13.

So do I need to allow TCP 902 from vmPRO appliance to the ESXi hosts subnet in order for this backup to work? What other ports do I need to set up so that I could also backup application servers in another subnet that separate by the firewall?

Thank for you help in advance,

Hunter

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Hunter,

I think you may be running into a license issue from the ESXi side. Per the vmPRO user guide.

One or more VMware ESX or ESXi servers, versions 4.0 update 2 or later (Only paid versions of VMware ESX or ESXi servers should be used. Free versions have various API limitations that prohibit vmPRO from functioning as designed.); or a VMware vCenter server, version 4.0 update 2 or later.

Are you able to create a manual snapshots from the VMware side?

If I am completely off base the two ports commonly used by vmPRO are 443 and 902. Port 902 is the data port and port 443 is the management port.

RSS

Tips + Tricks

© 2024   Created by Quantum Forum V.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service