Quantum Forum V

Quantum Forum for DXi V5000

Hello 

I added  Replication Throttle on Schedule, but it dos not apply to System. 

CONFIGURATION Replication indicates Throtlle is "None" Also I tried configured System Throtlle, looks seccess, but it also indicates "None". 

Did I miss any configuratin? When executed replication, used 100% of WAN, and Replication failed. 

Thank you very much for your help. 

Views: 102

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry about that. The replication throttling doesn't work on the VM currently. We're working on ways to do that but the methods we use with our appliances don't help. We ended up leaving in the GUI because of time constraints.

Everything else works the same as on our appliances, except for DAE (Dynamic Application Environment -- doesn't make sense to run a VM in a VM), VTL (no Fiber Channel connection supported), and the standard license GUI (the VM has it's own licensing GUI currently).

Thank you very much for your reply. Impact to WAN very much. Stop replication until it will be avilable. We are waiting for throtlling on V5000.  Thank you very much. 

It is something we intend to do. You can, however, limit the bandwidth allowed a any given vm via the hypervisor (at least with VMware, but I think the other's as well).  This would accomplish the same thing.

Sorry we don't have that yet for the VM version of DXi.  It does work perfectly on our appliances, of course.

If you run a V5000 in VMware, configure "egress traffic shaping" *
Enable it and set both "average bandwith" and "peak bandwith" to "81920 kbit/s" to limit traffic going towards the DXi VM to 10MB/s.

If you want to throttle the other way around, so reduce traffic going away from the VM, use "ingress traffic shaping" * 

* ingress and egress are set from the perspective of the distributes virtual switch, NOT from the VM.
These settings are only available on distributed virtual switches. If you use regular virtual switches, these settings are not available. The only setting possible then is called "traffic shaping" which can be enabled or disabled and this works outbound only (egress, from the switch's perspective).

In my case, I needed to limit inbound bandwidth to a remote DXi V-series in a remote datacenter. Inbound (towards) the VM means using the "egress" settings because you must look at it from the vSwitch's perspective and NOT from the VM's perspective.
This works fine.

I do agree that the GUI is strange. You can set throttling, it says it's successful and then nothing happens.

RSS

Tips + Tricks

© 2024   Created by Quantum Forum V.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service