Quantum Forum V

Quantum Forum for DXi V5000

Does vmPro v3.2 support mailbox level restore on Exchange 2013?

Dear all,

Does vmPro v3.2 support mailbox level restore on Exchange 2013? Where can I find the software compatibility matrix of vmPro v3.2? Thank you in advance!

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Ruby,

Exchange is supported in the following configurations.

Windows 2008R2/Exchange 2010

Windows 2008R2/Exchange 2013

Windows 2012R2/Exchange 2013

We are working on getting an software compatibility matrix added to the knowledge base section on mosaic.quantum.com.

Hi Jerry,

Do you mean that vmPro v3.2 supports mailbox level restore of both Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013 server? If then, what are the requirements of the Exchange server? Does it require .net framework or any other patches to be installed? Does it support Exchange DAG? Any known limitations? Thanks again!

Hi Ruby,

The 3.2 user guide available here 3.2 User Guide should cover those questions on pages 103-129.

Thanks Jerry! I still cannot find the requirements of the Exchange server. Usually, a few Microsoft components and patches are required for a backup software to support individual mailbox recovery. e.g. .net framework, fix patches ... etc.

I checked the user guide and only see two requirements for the Exchange server.

Exchange Recovery uses the Exchange Management Shell and requires a working/functional Exchange Management Shell to successfully execute an Exchange mailbox recovery.

The Windows Management Framework 3.0 must be installed when using Exchange servers running Windows 2008R2 and Exchange 2010.

RSS

Tips + Tricks

© 2024   Created by Quantum Forum V.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service