Quantum Forum V

Quantum Forum for DXi V5000

Hallo Everybody,

I am testing the device DXi V1000 in our local network and I am finding problems for launch a test environment. I have a lot of question but now, I am trying to configure replication between 2 virtual DXi V1000 in two different localtions.

At this moment I am trying to add the first device into the domain but always I receive a time error because the system told me the time between the device and the Domain controller is more than 300 seconds (the difference is 3551 seconds). I have no idea how to solve it because the device is using our NTP server, the same that our Domain Controller. If I use manual configuration with different times I receive the same error.

The error (removing some info) is the following

Unable to Join windows domain/workgroup.
ERROR: Abort joining Active Directory.
Clock skew between system and ingrnet.com is 3551 seconds (must be < 300 sec).
      - Time at BT-DXiV: Wed Apr 16 18:29:46 CEST 2014
      - Time at domain.com: Wed Apr 16 17:30:35 2014
Suggestion: Reset time on BT-DXiV to use the same NTP server as domain.com

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Antonio,

The User Guide for the DXI can be downloaded here UsersGuide_2.3_DXiVSeries.

Page 221 states: The DXi V-Series uses VMware Tools time management services. Quantum recommends that you do not configure NTP on the DXi V-Series. Instead, you should configure NTP on the ESXi server.

Make sure your ESXi server and the AD server use the same NTP server.

Hi Jerry,

thanks so much for replying so faster. Now with your help the problem it is solved. I will follow with the test enviroment.

I had the same issue, I stopped the guest getting time from the host and setup NTP to sync with same pool as my other systems.

Its also worth checking the City etc its set to as this was wrong for me too :)

RSS

Tips + Tricks

© 2024   Created by Quantum Forum V.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service